2009/11/20

Making Punk Compilation A Threat Again!: "In Our Time" comp LP

"In Our Time" comp LP

True of form, CrimethInc. has cast its latest effort to demonstrate that resistance to the status quo still exists in an ironic light by describing it with the same words British prime minister NEVILLE CHAMBER used to declare, upon his return from negotiations with Germany in 1938, that he has arranged for "peace in our time." Perhaps they mean that "fighting standardization" with mere music is a doomed venture. On the other hand, they did release this record, so... In any case, the first side features some European metal and hardcore, while the second side is ugly, scary music from the US. The insert contains the usual CrimethInc. exhortation to quit your job and live on stolen stuff, so we can fight the evil system. The cover art features images of damage done to US installations in the Vietnam war. I guess that, at least, qualifies as resisting standardization (TY)

(CrimethInc., 2695 Rangewood Drive, Atlanta, GA 30345)


(This review was taken from MRR.)


FIRST PROGRAM

Congress - What We Need

Timebomb - Flames of Disorder

Systral - Narrow-Minded Criteria

Final Exit - Fuck Your Cowboy


SECOND PROGRAM

Damad - Head Heart Hell

Jesuit - Smooth Talking Son of a Bitch

Gehenna - Testimony / Divine Rewards


THIRD PROGRAM

Standardization- And How to Fight It

a CrimethInc. propaganda reader


人がその個性に気づいていなければーー個性に反した今日の仕事における支配力への抵抗
はむろんーー可能なのである。もちろん絶望と退屈は生じる。だが、このようなますます単調な時代にさえ、忠実に考え創造し、挑戦的な方法を取ろうとする個人がいる。このレコードの音楽はクリエイティブな仕事の少しばかりの例である。同封されている読み物は、我々の生、我々の精神や感情、我々の世界を標準化しようとするそのような支配力に対する抵抗の可能性を書いたものだ。

"お前は死人だ" - George Orwell, 1984

Released by CrimethInc. (1997)

6 comments:

  1. I would like to express appreciation to this writer just
    for rescuing me from such a problem. Because of checking throughout the search engines and
    meeting thoughts which are not helpful, I believed my entire life was well over.
    Living minus the strategies to the issues you have resolved by means of
    your good article content is a crucial case, and those that might have badly damaged my career if
    I had not noticed your web page. Your own personal talents
    and kindness in controlling all things was priceless. I'm not sure what I would've done
    if I hadn't encountered such a point like this. I can also at this time look ahead to my future. Thanks a lot so much for this specialized and effective guide. I won't hesitate to suggest the sites to anybody who wants and needs care on this matter.


    my blog - michael kors store opening photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't refrain from commenting. Perfectly written!

    Look into my blog: how many calories do you burn walking

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of of what you say happens to be astonishingly accurate and that makes me wonder the
    reason why I had not looked at this with this light previously.
    This particular article truly did switch the light on for me as far as this particular
    subject matter goes. Nonetheless there is one
    issue I am not really too comfortable with so while I make an effort to reconcile
    that with the actual main theme of your position, let me observe just what
    all the rest of the readers have to point out.Nicely done.


    My blog post ... grape 5s

    ReplyDelete
  4. My wife and i were really fortunate when Edward could deal with his analysis from the ideas
    he acquired out of the site. It is now and again perplexing just to always be freely giving methods which some other people could have been selling.

    We already know we have the writer to give thanks to for this.

    Most of the explanations you have made, the simple site navigation, the relationships you help to foster -
    it's got everything fantastic, and it is letting our son in addition to us imagine that that idea is thrilling, and that is very serious. Thanks for everything!

    Here is my web site :: air jordan vii

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was suggested this blog via my cousin. I'm now not sure whether or not this put up is written by him as no one else recognise such particular about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks!

    Visit my web site ::

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could not resist commenting. Perfectly written!



    Also visit my web blog: click here

    ReplyDelete